Update: We have decided we don't need 10 days to review the films so you have until the 27 March to get your films in!
The inaugural Phenomena Short Film Festival is happening on the night of 31 March at The Orchards Niseko.
Following on from successful international film screenings of “Mountain”, “This is Home”, “The Way East”, “The Fourth Phase” and “Fruition”, MnK are hosting “Phenomena” a Niseko short film festival on the evening of the 31st March 2018. We would love for you to be a part of this event celebrating Niseko's unique culture, community, environment and human potential through arts and film.
For this first year, we want to focus on getting the local community around the event. While we expect most entries to come from locals and seasonal workers, entry is open to anyone from across the world– professionals down to first timers!
The theme of the entries is Nature, Space and The Unknown or any interpretation of those words. We ask submissions include*:
- A map
- A mountain
- A Vehicle
So start going through that GoPro footage that no one ever looks at, get the phone or the professional camera out and come up with a short film.
All genres accepted. Such as:
- Music video
Criteria for films
- Must adhere to theme (or be supported by explanation as to how the theme applies)
- Must have a storyline / structure
- Films must be between 1.5 - 8 minutes
- Submissions in MP4 format.
- All genres accepted: ie animation, music video, comedy, documentary, sci-fi
- Doesn’t have to be about snow or Niseko.
- No illegal activity
Submissions Due March 27th, 2018.
PRIZES AND SPONSORS ANNOUNCEMENT
• ¥100,000 loaded onto Amazon gift cards (Thanks to Taiga Projects, 360 Niseko, Vacation Niseko, The Niseko Company, Rhythm Japan).
• 2 x ¥10,000 Rhythm vouchers (Thanks Rhythm Japan).
• 2 x Niseko Weiss Powder Cats tours (Valued at ¥78,000. Thanks Hanazono).
• Aaron Jamieson Photography Workshop (Valued at ¥50,000. Thanks Aaron).
• Burton backpacks (Thanks Burton Niseko)
• One day Niseko Classic private ski/snowboard lesson (Thanks NISS).
• Free 2-week rental of any board from Shibumi Snowsurf quiver (Thanks Shibumi).
• NAC Rafting voucher for 2 (Thanks NAC).
• 5 X ¥1000 FOOD VOUCHERS at Jo Jo's (Thanks JoJo's)
• A bottle of wine from Mick’s personal cellar (Thanks Mick's Wine Bar)
How to Enter:
1) Click here to upload your film to our dropbox account. Please include your name and film title in the file name.
2) Go to www.wetransfer.com and send/email your MP4 file to firstname.lastname@example.org either as a zip or as an MP4 (Up to 2GB). Please include your name, film title and whether you will be attending the screening in the message!
1. 「自然」「宇宙」「super natural がテーマの作品で下記の3つが含まれているもの
1,5 - 8分以内